GC Data Community
Data has the power to inform better policies, programs and operations, but it takes people with the right skills to realize its full potential. The GC Data Community was created to connect, engage and support the growing community of data practitioners across the federal government. It operates based on support from over a dozen departments and agencies.
The GC Data Community provides support in five main areas:
- convening and connecting data practitioners from all levels across departments and agencies
- enabling learning and professional development opportunities related to data
- supporting innovation and connections between data communities of practice
- promoting uptake of ethical norms, data standards and governance practices
- co-hosting the annual Government of Canada Data Conference
Public servants are welcome to join the GC Data Community. Benefits include receiving news about data projects happening within and beyond the Government of Canada and being invited to data events.
Communities of practice
Communities of practice are also welcome to get involved, such as to promote their activities, collaborate on projects, and present at events.
Representatives of departments and agencies
Representatives of departments and agencies are welcome to become partners. This helps shape the GC Data Community's priorities and initiatives and helps it obtain priority access to events and projects.
Complete your census today!
Help your community make choices about education, employment, transportation, health care and housing services.
This website is continually being updated in response to your feedback.